Statement of Purpose
This revised Statement of Purpose was adopted at the CEASE Annual Meeting November 7, 2014.
P.E.A.C.E. is a network of parents, teachers, and other concerned individuals dedicated to helping young children and their caregivers develop and thrive in peace and well being.
To these ends we are:
- Working to create a nonviolent, just, inclusive, and respectful world,
- Striving to prioritize human services and environmental sustainability in government budget and policy decisions; and
- Advocating for government commitments to improve and expand high quality child care and child development programs accessible to all children.
For all these purposes, we are:
- Sharing information with the early childhood community through periodic publications, workshops, and other peace education materials;
- Providing a supportive network for teachers and parents who share our concerns; and
- Supporting other organizations and individuals in efforts to achieve our shared goals.